HEAD OF FAMILY LAW PRACTICE
Daniel is an Accredited Family Law Specialist and has over fifteen years’ experience in assisting families.
Prior to joining Bowen Buchbinder Vilensky in 2021, Daniel practised for thirteen years at the firm DCH Legal Group as an associate and then as a director.
Daniel has experience in all areas of family law, including complex financial and parenting litigation, and preparing and advising on prenuptial agreements and child support agreements.
Daniel regularly acts as counsel in the family law and restraining order proceedings, where his focus is to find prompt, practical solutions and to minimise legal cost and family disharmony.
In circumstances where negotiated agreements cannot be reached, Daniel is an efficient and effective litigator.
After admission to legal practice in 2005, Daniel worked as a criminal lawyer at the Mental Health Law Centre and as a family violence lawyer at Legal Aid Western Australia.
Since that time, Daniel has maintained his interest in community law. He volunteers regularly at community legal centres as a pro bono solicitor and he is a member of the Family Law Practitioners Association Publications Sub-Committee.
Daniel also has a keen interest in alternative dispute resolution, having undertaken training in mediation and collaborative law in 2014 and 2018.
Daniel is married and has young children. In his spare time, he is a keen kayaker, musician and arts enthusiast.
Daniel’s areas of practice include:
Daniel accepts instructions across the range of family law services:
- Property Settlements
- Parenting Disputes
- De Facto and Same Sex Relationships
- Spousal and De Facto Partner Maintenance
- Adult child maintenance
- Child support
- Binding Financial (Pre/Ante-Nuptial) Agreements
- Binding & Limited Child Support Agreements
- Superannuation Agreements
- Initial Advice and Negotiations
- Alternate Dispute Resolution and Mediation Style Conferences
- Collaborative negotiation process
- Court Representation
- Agency matters and Mental Health Act reviews
- Restraining Orders (FVRO, MRO and Conduct Agreement Orders)
- Minor criminal matters relating to family violence
Admitted to Practice:
- Supreme Court of Western Australia 2005
- Bachelor of Arts (English) (with distinction): Curtin University 2001
- Bachelor of Laws: Murdoch University 2004
- Family Law Specialist Accreditation (WA): 2017
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Family Law Practitioners of Western Australia
- Collaborative Professionals WA