HEAD OF FAMILY LAW PRACTICE
Rhonda Griffiths has practised in family law for many years, being appointed as a partner at family law firm Paterson and Dowding in 1976. After a long association with that firm Rhonda was a partner and director at DCH Legal Group, also a family law firm, for almost 20 years.
In 2016 Rhonda joined Bowen Buchbinder Vilensky where she has been a Senior Associate and currently Head of the Family Law practice. Rhonda brings her wealth of experience to our family law team.
Rhonda has conducted and instructed counsel in complex family law litigation and has appeared regularly in less complex litigation in the family court during her extensive career.
A major part of her practice for many years has been to conduct negotiations for settlement in the many forms of settlement negotiation that are available. She is a founding member of Collaborative Professionals WA, a group of experienced family lawyers that is seeking to practice and promote high level alternatives to litigation processes in family law settlements.
An early advocate of mediation as a dispute resolution practice, Rhonda was involved for a number of years, as a representative of the Family Law Practitioners Association, in the liaison that occurs between family lawyers and non-legal family law services providers in the Family Relationship Centre and associated agencies sphere.
In her professional career Rhonda has held elected positions in various industry associations having been a founding member of the Family Law Practitioners Association and a member of the Council of the Association for some years. Rhonda is a founding member and former office holder of the Women Lawyers Association and a long term member of the Law Society of Western Australia and has served two terms on the Council of that association.
Rhonda’s areas of practice include:
Rhonda accepts instructions across the range of family law services:
- Property Settlements
- Parenting Disputes
- De Facto and Same Sex Relationships
- Spousal and De Facto Partner Maintenance
- Adult child maintenance
- Binding Financial (Pre/Ante-Nuptial) Agreements
- Binding & Limited Child Support Agreements
- Superannuation Agreements
- Initial Advice and Negotiations
- Alternate Dispute Resolution and Mediation Style Conferences
- Collaborative negotiation process
- Court Representation
- Agency matters
Admitted to Practice:
- Supreme Court of Western Australia 1976
- High Court of Australia 1976
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Family Law Practitioners of Western Australia
- Women Lawyers of WA
- Collaborative Professionals WA